AUTHORISED LEGAL AID PROVIDER – FAMILY LAW
What is spousal maintenance?
Spousal maintenance is the responsibility of one partner to provide ongoing financial support to the other after separation.
You may be entitled to receive spousal maintenance or be liable to pay spousal maintenance if:
- You had a relevant relationship:
- You were married to the other person and have not been divorce for more than 12 months from the date your divorce was finalised; or
- You were in a de facto relationship with the other person and have not been separated for longer than 2 years; or
- Outside these time limits in limited special circumstances.
- You or your ex-partner cannot financially support themselves; and
- You or your ex-partner have the capacity to contribute to the others financial support.
How can we assist you?
We can assist you in:
- Negotiating an out of court settlement;
- Making an application to court for spousal maintenance; and
- Varying your spousal maintenance orders.
Contact Sempre Vero Lawyers to discuss your spousal maintenance enquiry with an experienced solicitor.