CONVEYANCING PACKAGE PRICE INCLUSIONS:
Our advertised conveyancing prices include GST, our professional fees, archive fee, settlement agent fee and mandatory searches.
Mandatory searches included for property sales:
- Title search
Mandatory searches included for property purchases:
- Title Search
- Registered Plan
- Court Register Check
- QCAT Search (online only)
- Pool Safety Register
- Transport Noise Corridor
- Council Rates & Water
- QLD Transport Search
- Land Tax
- Check Title Search
- Body Corporate Information Certificate (properties in a Body Corporate only)
POSSIBLE ADDITIONAL COSTS:
Sempre Vero Lawyers package fees advertised do not include any transfer duty registration fees, stamp duty, tax or other charges which you must pay to a government, other party or financial institution as a result of entering into this transaction.
Additional charges above the advertised package price will also be incurred in the following circumstances:
|EXAMPLES OF WORK NOT COVERED BY FIXED CONVEYANCING FEE||ESTIMATED ADDITIONAL COST INC. GST||HOW FEE IS CALCULATED|
|Preparing your contract||$495||Fixed fee|
|Drafting any special conditions to your contract||Nil to $880
The higher end of the range is possible if complex special conditions are required
|Rebooking settlement||$250 per additional booking||Fixed fee|
|Attending settlement outside of the Gold Coast or Brisbane CBD||$66-$220||Charged at the rate of the supplier|
|Work required as a result of a dispute with another party involved in the transaction or raising or responding to any complaint or objection (e.g. to the condition of the property or removal of any item)||Nil – $550||Time billed|
|Any more than one attendance to settle the matter||$71.50 – $77.00 per attendance||Charged at the rate of the supplier|
|Bank settlement cheques||$16.50 – $35.00||Fixed Fee|
|Deliveries and document lodgement or collection within Gold Coast||$19.25 per lodgement||Fixed Fee|
|Advising regarding any documents your financier requires you to sign and/or providing you with a certificate stating that we have provided such advice||$350-$650||Time billed|
|Additional work necessitated by you refinancing any other property at the same time as this transaction||$390.50||Fixed Fee|
|Negotiating an agreement to change the names on the contract and preparing new contracts and Deed of Rescission to change the names||$495-$875||Time billed|
|Additional Standard Searches and Optional Searches (as selected by you)||$22 – $5,000||Charged at the rate of the supplier|
|Transaction specific bank fees||$10-$35 per transaction||Charged at the rate of supplier|
|Express postage/Courier fees||$12 – $165||Charged at rate of supplier|
|Additional printing/photocopying of documents greater than 10 pages (eg. Body Corporate Roll Search, large Unit Plan, Pest and Building Reports, Mortgage documents)||$0.88 per page||Fixed fee|
|Copying of file||$0.88 per page
Charged at rate of supplier
If additional work is required, which is not covered by the fixed fee referred to above or charged at the rate of the supplier, the fee for that additional work will be calculated according to the time spent on the additional work at the following rates:
- An hourly rate of $375 (plus GST) for a Director;
- An hourly rate of $350 (plus GST) for a Solicitor;
- An hourly rate of $200 (plus GST) for a Paralegal; and
- An hourly rate of $150 (plus GST) for a Secretary.
Time for additional work will be charged in 6 minute intervals – with six minutes being the minimum interval recorded for professional services.
If our engagement is terminated or you instruct us to cease performing work before settlement (e.g. because the contract is terminated on finance or an unsatisfactory inspection) you must still pay the following:
Cost of Termination of a Purchase
- termination fee of $440.00 (professional fee) plus outgoings and disbursements, should your matter terminate due to non-satisfaction of special conditions;
- termination fee of $1,500.00 (house) or $1,570.00 (unit) should your matter fail to proceed after the contract has become unconditional; and
- for any additional work we have performed, outgoings and disbursements which are not covered by the Fixed Fee Conveyacing Package.
Cost of Termination of a Sale
- termination fee of $330.00 (professional fee) plus outgoings and disbursements, should your matter terminate due to non-satisfaction of special conditions;
- termination fee of $900.00 should your matter fail to proceed after the contract has become unconditional; and
- for any additional work we have performed, outgoings and disbursements which are not covered by the Fixed Fee Conveyancing Package.
This is a quote and not a retainer to act for you. We will not be retained by you until such time as you have signed or otherwise accepted our retainer agreement.
Our Conveyancing Package prices do not include us providing advice in relation to any of the following issues:
- Terms of any encumbrances;
- Any commercial aspects of your purchase (e.g. whether it is a good investment or whether the purchase price is fair);
- Compliance with the Duties Act;
- Taxation issues;
- GST issues;
- Succession and estate issues;
- Matrimonial issues;
- Financial issues including loan and mortgage documentation;
- Advising on, or applying for any grants or government payments;
- Any refinance;
- Tenancy agreements or build contracts; or
- Review of any Trust Deed for compliance and proper procedures.
If you require advice on any of these matters, please advise our office and we will arrange for an appropriately qualified solicitor to provide the required advice at the relevant fee.